The Dinerva Incident
Hi there! Welcome to the Dinerva Incident, a returning forum from a while ago! We're just now restarting, so we need new people and new members of the community! To those of you that are new, please join and have fun in this RP community.
-Myrrh
The Dinerva Incident
Hi there! Welcome to the Dinerva Incident, a returning forum from a while ago! We're just now restarting, so we need new people and new members of the community! To those of you that are new, please join and have fun in this RP community.
-Myrrh
The Dinerva Incident
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dinerva Incident

The gods fell, so will you destroy Dinerva or save it?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Quindaro
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:46 pm by Myrrh

» Information
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 am by Myrrh

» Signing Up
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 am by Myrrh

» Serene's Powers
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 am by Myrrh

» Assassinate the Assassins' Plans
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 am by Myrrh

» Your Personal Desires
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:13 am by Myrrh

» The Ancient Edge 2/5
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 pm by Myrrh

» The Ancient Edge 1/5
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm by Myrrh

» Serene's Diviner
Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:22 pm by Daris

Top posters
Myrrh
Combat Rules / Damage Info Vote_lcapCombat Rules / Damage Info Voting_barCombat Rules / Damage Info Vote_rcap 
Quindaro
Combat Rules / Damage Info Vote_lcapCombat Rules / Damage Info Voting_barCombat Rules / Damage Info Vote_rcap 
Daris
Most active topic starters
Myrrh
Quindaro
Most active topics
Testing Dice
Serene's Familiar
Serene the Grim
Serene's Diviner
Quindaro
Most Viewed Topics
Support Familiars
Combat Familiar List
All About the Races
Serene's Powers
Quindaro
Familiars/Weapons/Armor/Power Rules and Info
Your Personal Desires
Information
Bounty: "The Shadow"
Signing Up
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm
Statistics
We have 3 registered users
The newest registered user is Daris

Our users have posted a total of 48 messages in 40 subjects

Combat Rules / Damage Info

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myrrh
Rookie Poster
Rookie Poster
Myrrh

Character sheet
Name: Serene
Familliar: Siya the Nine-Tailed Fox
Level: 1

Combat Rules / Damage Info Empty
PostSubject: Combat Rules / Damage Info   Combat Rules / Damage Info EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Rules of combat:

1) Remember to take into account your stats versus the opponent's stats. If you're faster than him/her, he/she should statistically not be able to catch you on foot without any type of booster, and the same goes for you. Don't ignore stats and be a god, you all have a place

2) Just as in the rp rules, NO GODMODDING. I won't explain it here, just check out the role playing rules to see what godmodding/metagaming is for those who don't know.

3) Don't kill unless both people agree that the thread is suceptable to death.

4) Dont randomly engage in combat just because you want to. Both (or more) players must agree to a fight. This is Dinerva, not Romeo and Juliet.

5) Don't think "Just because I'm not killing I can do whatever I want." We can get these rules down now: No mutilation, because seriously guys. Don't cut someone's arm off or anything of the sort. Don't physically disable someone, like paralysis. Basically saying if you guys are going to do a non-death fight keep injuries to the point where the opponent can be completely healed and functional afterwards. Break an arm? FINE! Don't think I'm completely limiting you guys, k?

Now that that's over, let's get into the damage and hp and stuff, because it can get tricky.

First of all: Every person at Lv 1 has 100 hp.

Second of all: Here is the tricky part- damage. There is a formula I came up with for damage being dealt.
If using a physical weapon-
(((Physical Strength stat + Weapon strength stat)/(Opponents defense + armor's defense))•10) + 1
This makes it easy because all damage is reduced easily and damage is still being accounted for. The +1 at the end is to make sure that everyone takes at least one damage, in case a stupid level 1 goes against a level 92 and complains when he/she can't do any damage.
Let's put this in a trial run:
Physical Strength- 20
Weapon Strength- 30
Opponents Defense- 25
Opponents armors defense- 20

(((20 + 30)/(25 + 20))•10) + 1
((50/40)•10) + 1
(1.25•10) + 1
12.5 + 1
13.5 damage done

Now if using a magic weapon
(((Magic Strength Stat + Weapon Magic Strength)/(Opponents resistance + Opppnents armor's resistance))•10) + 1
The same is just like the above, and you can substitute any number

Lastly there is the formula for magical AND physical attacks, such as a spear with lightning imbued in it
(((Physical Strength + Magical Strength + Weapon Physical Strength + Weapon Magical Strength)/(Opponents physical defense + opponents resistance + opponents armor's defense + opponents armor's resistance)•10) +1
Now that's a mouthful, but let's try it out
Physical Strength- 20
Weapon Strength- 30
Magic Power- 25
Weapon Magic- 30
Opposing Defense- 25
Opposing Resistance- 30
Armor defense- 40
Armor resistance- 20

(((20 + 25 + 30 + 30)/(25 + 30 + 40 + 20))•10) + 1
((105/115)•10) + 1
(.91•10) +1
9.1 + 1
10 damage
We always round when the final answer comes to be, but keep it in decimal form while doing the equation. Let's say I rounded .91 to 1 before I multiplied it by 10. The end result would be 11 damage instead of 10, sure not that big of a difference but the point still stands.

Lastly while doing the equations above if you are not using a weapon or if your opponent is not wearing armor or both you substitute the corresponding values with (0). That way you have no additional strength for a weapon if you're only using your fists, or your opponent gets no additional defense if they aren't wearing armor.
Back to top Go down
https://dinervaincident.rpg-board.net

Combat Rules / Damage Info
Page 1 of 1